Uses of the Essential 7 Kit
May be purchased individually)
Disclaimer: The following information is intended for educational purposes
only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or
prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should
consult with a physician. THESE SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF
THERAPEUTIC GRADE, YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.
The Essential 7 Kit
by Young Living Essential Oils (YLEO) so
that anyone could immediately use and appreciate the benefits of
therapeutic-grade essential oils. The Kit contains three single oils:
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Lemon (Citrus limon) and Peppermint (Mentha
piperita), and four oil blends: Joy, PanAway, Peace & Calming and
- An exotic, luxurious blend of Lemon (Citrus limon),
mandarin (Citrus reticulata), bergamot
(Citrus bergamia), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), rose
(Rosa damascena), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), geranium
(Pelargonium graveolens), palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), Roman
chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), and jasmine
(Jasminum officinale) that produces an uplifting magnetic energy and brings joy
to the heart. When worn as a cologne or perfume, Joy
exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and
togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
All single oils may be used as dietary supplements.
All of the oils may by diffused. The diffuser from YLEO is a special air pump
that is custom designed to disperse the oils in a micro-fiber vapor. This allows
the oils to stay suspended in the air to reduce bacteria, fungi and mold. It
also freshens the air with natural fragrances, eliminating the need for
synthetic, harmful air fresheners. The diffuser disperses the oils without heat,
which could render the essential oils less effective.
All of the oils can be applied to the Vita Flex points on the feet, added to
bath water mixed with YLEO’s Bath Gel Base, applied topically or used with
body and foot massage.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ AND FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES FOR THE SAFE USE OF YOUNG
LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS INCLUDED AT THE END OF THIS HANDOUT.
- (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils.
Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has
been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse
cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and
balancing -- physically and emotionally. THIS PLANT IS
GROWN AND DISTILLED AT THE YOUNG LIVING FARMS.
1. Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
2. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help
3. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and
4. Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
6. Mix several drops of Lavender oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use
topically on eczema and dermatitis.
7. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on
the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it
around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle
of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until
the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
9. Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
10. Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
12. To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on
and around the affected area.
13. Rub 2 – 4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area to act as a
14. Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help
alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen
closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill
bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer,
which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
19. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
20. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
21. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn
to decrease pain.
22. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
23. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the
(Citrus lemon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have
been studied for their effects on immune function. It may serve as an insect
repellent and may be beneficial for the skin. CAUTION:
Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct
sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
24. Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle
mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
25. Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
26. Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
27. For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 tablespoons
of honey and two cups of pure water. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to
suit your own taste.
28. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
29. To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool
water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and
stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
30. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to sterilize
31. Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to
disinfect and kill germs.
32. Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
33. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
34. Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize
35. Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to
lessen pain and aid healing.
36. Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth
37. Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands
38. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and help
eliminate waste from the cells.
39. Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete's foot.
40. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and
relieve pressure on the veins.
41. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
42. Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher's block or other cutting
43. Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to
help pull out stains and brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the
- (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for
soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint's effect on the liver
and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint's role
in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the
University of Cincinnati studied peppermint's ability to improve concentration
and mental accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermint's ability to directly
affect the brain's satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after
meals. PEPPERMINT IS GROWN AND DISTILLED AT THE YOUNG
44. Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to
relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
45. Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve
46. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the area of injury to reduce
47. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (bruised shin, hit on
the foot or hand) to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil
around (not on) the open wound.
48. Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce
49. Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
50. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or
dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
51. Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and
52. Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
53. To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples,
forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the
54. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth
cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the
55. Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under
the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
56. Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration
and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
57. Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on chest and stomach to relieve travel
58. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and
sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
59. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
60. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil
on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
61. Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to
dispel the fumes.
62. Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and enjoy in
place of coffee.
63. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and
spray the plants.
64. Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on
a hot day.
65. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
66. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
67. Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the
impulse to overeat.
68. Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and
swabbing the tick. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
69. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated
while soaking feet.
70. Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart and on the bottom of each foot to
relieve feelings of frustration or depression.
71. Put a drop of Joy oil on the tip of the nose to uplift your mood.
72. Wear a drop of Joy oil behind each ear as a perfume.
73. Rub a drop of Joy oil between your palms and then spread over the face and
neck after shaving.
74. Rub two drops of Joy oil on areas of the body with poor circulation to
improve blood flow.
75. Rub two drops of Joy oil on the armpit area to use for a deodorant.
76. Rub two drops of Joy oil on the heart and feet to increase libido.
77. Sprinkle a few drops of Joy oil into potpourri to improve the fragrance.
- A blend of wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens),
which has an active constituent similar to cortisone; clove
(Syzygium aromaticum), which contains eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; peppermint
(Mentha piperita), which is calming for nerves; and helichrysum
(Helichrysum italicum), which is soothing for localized discomfort. This blend
was created by Gary Young following an injury that severely tore the ligaments
in his leg.
78. Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation and
79. Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising.
80. Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back of the neck to
relieve a headache.
81. Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and massage on location to stop growing
82. Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain.
83. Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine to relieve sciatic
84. For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable on
location or a drop in the food.
PEACE & CALMING
- A gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine
(Citrus nobilis), orange (Citrus sinensis), ylang
ylang (Cananga odorata), patchouly (Pogostemon
cablin) and blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) specially
designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a
deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
85. Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of the feet and on
the shoulders before bedtime to get good quality sleep.
86. Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive or hard to
87. Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
88. Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with Bath Gel Base in warm water for a
89. To help stop nocturnal teeth grinding, diffuse Peace & Calming oil while
- An antiseptic blend of Citronella (Cymbopogon
nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary
(Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleuca
alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and myrtle
(Myrtus communis) formulated for diffusing to purify
and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable
90. Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale
91. Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air
vents in the home, office, hotel room or other enclosed area.
92. While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself
from pathogens found in the recirculated air.
93. Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop the
94. Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes to clear the skin.
95. Rub a drop of Purification oil on the outside of a sore throat when it is
96. Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
97. Put 2 drops of Purification oil on two cotton balls and place in the toes of
smelly sneakers to combat odors.
98. Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on
top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
99. Dilute Purification oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and swab the nasal
cavity to ward off the flu.
100. Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
101. Apply Purification oil and Peppermint oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable Mixing
Oil to a cotton swab and rub just inside the ear to eliminate ear mites in cats
GUIDELINES FOR THE SAFE USE OF YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL
1. Always keep a bottle of V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil, Massage Oil Base or any
pure vegetable oil handy when using essential oils. Vegetable oils dilute
essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation.
2. Keep bottles of essential oils tightly closed and store them in a cool
location away from light. If stored properly, essential oils will maintain their
potency for many years.
3. Keep essential oils out of reach of children. Treat them as you would any
product for therapeutic use.
4. Do not use essential oils rich in menthol (such as peppermint) on the throat
or neck area of children under 30 months of age.
5. Direct sunlight and essential oils. Lemon, bergamot, orange, grapefruit,
tangerine, White Angelica and other citrus oils may cause a rash or darker
pigmentation if applied to skin exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays with 3 to
4 days of use.
6. Keep essential oils away from eye area and do not put into ears. Do not
handle contact lenses or rub eyes with essential oils on fingers. Oils with high
phenol content – oregano, helichrysum, cinnamon, thyme, clove. Lemongrass,
bergamot, Thieves and ImmuPower – may damage contacts and irritate eyes.
7. Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using
essential oils containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as clary
sage, sage, Idaho tansy, juniper and fennel.
8. Epileptics and those with high blood pressure should consult their health
care professional before using essential oils. Avoid hyssop, fennel and Idaho
9. People with allergies should test a small amount of oil on a small area of
sensitive skin, such as the inside of the arm, before applying the oil on other
areas. The bottom of the feet is one of the safest, most effective places to use
10. Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) essential oils internally,
always dilute with an oil-soluble liquid like honey, olive oil or soy milk.
11. Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bath water. Use Bath Gel
Base as a dispersing agent (emulsifier) for oils in the bath.
Young, N.D., Gary D. An Introduction to Young Living Essential Oils. Ninth
Essential Oils Desk Reference. Compiled by Essential Science Publishing, Second
Edition, July 2001.